Address Bar – The full path of
the folder shown in the active view. Clicking on the down arrow provides a hierarchical
view from the current folder to the highest folder on the system.
– Moves backward through the local and/or server view history.
Change View Button
– Moves the view through the three view styles: Details, List, and Icons.
Clear Button – Removes all text from the login boxes
and resets the Port box to 21. This is useful if you have logged out and need
to clear the boxes to enter different server information.
– Click the Connect Button once you have filled out the login boxes with
the proper information. Clicking the Connect Button will change it into the Abort
Button. You can click it in case you need to abort the connection attempt.
Current Folder and File Info – Show
the number of folders and files in the view as well as the number of selected
items in the view.
Current Local Folder – The name of the folder whose
contents are currently being shown in the local view.
Current Remote Folder – The name of the folder whose
contents are currently being shown in the server view.
– Provides a dialog to delete the currently selected items in the active
– Closes the current connection, returning to the Login View.
– Downloads/Uploads the currently selected items to the opposite view.
– Provides a dialog to add a new Account or to add a new Account Snapshot.
Favorites View – Window that shows all of the accounts
and their corresponding favorites. Click the plus/minus next to an account to
expand/contract the favorites for that account.
– Moves forward through the local and/or server view history.
– Left clicking this button returns the local and server views to the place
they were at login. Right clicking this button changes both views to their highest
point in the folder hierarchy.
– Provides detailed information on the currently selected items in the active
view. It also provides a place to change file permissions.
Local “My PC” View
– The local view of the folders and files on your computer for the current
Local Path – Enter the initial local path on your computer
that you would like to start in once you have been connected to the server. By
default this will log you into the Springboard.
Login View – Window that holds the login boxes, the
Connect/Abort button, and the Show/Hide Advanced View button. The application
starts with the Simple Login by default
New Folder Button
– Presents a dialog box allowing the creation of a new folder in the active
Password – Enter the password that corresponds to the
Server Address and User Name into this box.
Port – Enter the server port to use when you connect
to the server. Most FTP servers use port number 21 by default.
Progress Bar – Provides a visual representation of upload/download
progress with a progress percentage in text to the right. It also flashes if the
application is busy doing something for which a percentage is not relevant.
– Reloads the file/folder information for the active view.
Remote “Server” View
– The remote view of the folders and files on the server for the current
Resize Handle – Click and drag on the Resize Handle
to resize the main window of the application. The size and position of the application
are saved when you exit the program, and are then reloaded upon start.
Server Address – Enter the server or “host”
address into this box. This can be obtained from the administrator of your site.
Server Path – Enter the initial remote path on the server
that would like to start in once you have been connected to the server. By default
this will log you into the “root” directory.
Show/Hide Advanced Login
– Click the Show Advanced Login button to show the Advanced View. The Advanced
Login View provides extra login boxes to set the initial local/remote path, and
Show/Hide Log View
– Toggles the log view on or off.
Status Bar – Gives the status of Tango FTP: Idle, Logging
in, Connecting, Uploading, Downloading, Creating Directories, Moving or Deleting.
Tango FTP Status – This area on the Status Bar displays
information about executing any FTP operations, such as Connecting, Logging in,
Uploading, Downloading, Moving, and Deleting.
Tool Bar - Holds the Tool Bar buttons and the Address Bar
Up Folder Button
– Left clicking this button moves up one folder from the folder shown in
the view. Right clicking this button moves the remote view to the top folder on
the server, and the local view to the Springboard.
– Uploads/Downloads the currently selected items to the opposite view.
User Name – Enter the user name that corresponds to
the Server Address into this box.